28 people are interested
Tutor the future of our city!
Volunteer tutors are needed to work with the remarkable community at Manhattan Comprehensive Night and Day High School (MCNDHS)!
MCNDHS is a public school whose students are between 17 and 21 years old, many of whom are recent immigrants and all of whom are working toward their NY State HS Regents diploma.
Tutors are needed for all subjects, including:
- English (all levels, from basic conversation to advanced grammar/writing)
- Math (all levels, especially Algebra)
- Science (especially Biology and Earth Science)
- History (Global and U.S.)
Please contact Daniel Bloch at (212) 353-2010 x160, or email@example.com if you're interested.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
240 Second AvenueNew York, NY 10003
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Semester/school year, one hour minimum per week
- Fingerprinting with NYC Dept. of Education required