Want to put your photography skills to work? The Brownwood Library is looking for innovative ways to market its services. We want to be able to showcase our services using engaging pictures. We have another volunteer match for local volunteer photographers, but there are plenty of pictures that don't need to be taken inside the library.
One of the major things we don't want is pictures that looked staged. Just happy people enjoying the resources the library offers in a realistic way. For example, a person may be out with a birding book and binoculars, but they're not likely going to be consulting a gardening book in the middle of a garden.
- The library offers books that people take home and enjoy.
- Pictures of families reading together-moms, dads, siblings, grandparents... all different ages and relationships.
- Pictures of people using library books in realistic ways:
- Consulting a birding book while out with binoculars, etc.
- Cooking with a cookbook
- Reading a dog training book with a dog by their side, in their lap, etc.
- Traveling with a travel book or phrase book
- Pictures of people enjoying their books
- Reading in a hammock at summertime
- Snuggled up by a fire in winter
- A child overjoyed at a stack of library books
- A toddler exploring a board book
- Pictures of people reading on eBook readers
- The library offers audiobooks
- Family on a roadtrip (hard to picture listening)
- Riding a bike listening to an iPod
- The library has genealogy resources, both online and in person
- People studying family tree together, researching online, etc.
- The library offers many online databases
- General databases
- Students studying together with their laptops
- Person using computer, possibly with related books nearby
- Small Engine Repair Center
- Person with printed pages (or not) working on their tractor, boat, lawn mower, ATV
- Hobbies and Crafts Reference Center
- Person knitting, taking pictures, canning-pretty much any craft. Consulting computer, printouts or not.
- Home Improvement Center
- Person doing home repairs (plumbing, building, blueprints, etc.) with or without computer or computer printouts
- Literature reference center
- Student(s) using computer with a stack of literary books (Jane Austen, etc.)
- Legal Forms
- Person dressed up like they are going to court
- Courtroom proceedings
- Legal interactions, such as handing someone a rental agreement
- Small business resources
- Folks planning, implementing, starting small business
- Learning Express Library
- Student(s) with test books (ASVAB, SAT, GRE, etc.) and computer
- Student(s) at computer with parent/teacher working on learning concepts
- People at computer learning a language (talking, touching their mouths?)
- General databases
All photographers need to sign a release to let us use their photographs for library promotional materials. We will also need a model release from all people in the picture.
We also have created a document of favorite pictures similar to what we're looking for. We'd be happy to share if you'd like some inspiration. Thank you!
- Library Sciences
Good Match For
Kids Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- "Book a Genealogist" Volunteer
- Baby Storytime Facilitator
- Computer class teachers needed!
- Love to shop? Shop for homebound...
- Scan and upload genealogy files...
- Use your video skills to share...
- Help people discover the...
- Use YouTube to help people...
- DVD/CD polisher
- iPad expert needed!
- Research and online selling...
- Do you love gardening? We're...
- Love children and the library?...
- Photographer (shoot from any...
- Needle Leaders needed for Yarn...
- Therapy Dogs wanted for Library...