Friday Food Distribution -- West St. Paul
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
13 people are interested
St. Paul Food Distribution Assistant:
As a Friday Food Distribution Assistant volunteer, you will assist with setting up tables, bringing in and sorting donated produce and bakery items and miscellaneous foodstuffs. About 180 guests will have the opportunity to "shop" from the tables. You will also assist in cleaning up after guests have finished. Fridays, 9:00 am to noon.
- Assist with moving of tables and chairs in dining room to accommodate food distribution
- Assist in bringing donated foodstuffs and produce from truck to distribution area
- Organize food, keeping them neat and orderly
- Check food packages and discard items and fresh produce that is beyond usability
- Greet guests as they arrive, and assist as needed
- Assist social workers as they request, in effort to best serve guests
- Assist with breakdown and clean up following Friday Food Distribution.
About The Salvation Army
2445 Prior Ave. N, Roseville, MN 55113, US
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
Watch this video to learn about how you can volunteer with The Salvation Army!
The Salvation Army offers social services and recreational programs with the goal of addressing specific physical, emotional, spiritual, and social needs of each family, individual, child/youth, or elderly person. Services provided include, but not limited to: emergency food shelves, school supply programs, rental/utility assistance, educational programs, outreach to the homeless, family and youth camping, community center programs, Christmas assistance programs, nursing home visitations, corrections programs, and disaster services.
We'll work with your schedule.
401 W 7th StSt. Paul, MN 55102
- Crisis Intervention
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training