Child Sponsorship Program Assistant
6 people are interested
Shaping Destiny is an international orphan care and leadership development organization based in Austin, TX. We operate an orphan care ministry in Cameroon, Africa and are looking for a volunteer to help assist us with our Child Sponsorship program. We are looking for someone located in the Austin area who could dedicate about 5 hours per week to working in our office while having the option to do the remaining 5 hours per week virtually.
Duties may include:
- Responding to emails from new child sponsors and matching them with available children in our program.
- Sending thank you letters, update letters, and gifts to sponsors.
- Creating child profiles for children awaiting sponsorship.
- Tracking monthly child sponsorship donations that come in via checks or online.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal volunteer:
- Is a Christian, as we are a faith-based organization.
- Has a deep love for helping those in need...specifically children.
- Has administrative experience and knowledge.
- Is located in the Austin area.
- Has an eye for design and style.
- Is able to multitask and work to numerous deadlines.
- Is self-directed, able to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- Has outstanding organization and attention to detail.
- Experience working with design tools, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, is a plus.
- Learn more about Shaping Destiny and better acquaint yourself with our mission and vision. Visit shapingdestiny.org/about
- Let us know about your interest in volunteering to join the Life Changer’s Team by filling out an application. You can find the link to the application at shapingdestiny.org/joinstaff
- We will contact you to begin the interview process and you can expect to learn more about us along the way, ask questions, and be interviewed by several Shaping Destiny team members.
We'll work with your schedule.
555 Round Rock West DrRound RockRound Rock, TX 78681
- Office Management
- People Skills
- Donor Management
- Graphic Design
- Customer Service
- 10 hrs/week for at least 6 months