Are you bilingual in Haitian Creole/English or Portuguese/English? Would you like to educate residents of diverse communities about Alzheimer's disease?
The Alzheimer's Association is looking for volunteers who can either translate presentations for staff or be trained to give presentations themselves. Presentations cover basic information about Alzheimer's disease, as well as the programs and services that the Alzheimer's Association provides.
This ongoing volunteer role would take place on weekdays, during business hours, in both the Greater Boston and South Shore areas. Extensive training will be provided. Time commitment is approximately 2-3 hours per month.
To learn more about this volunteer opportunity, email: VolunteersMANH@alz.org.
- Cross-cultural Communication
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 2-3 hours per month
- Event Planning Committee Members
- Support Our Marathoners With...
- Seeking Volunteers To Facilitate...
- Volunteer Support Group...
- Project Management Volunteer –...
- Social Media Strategy Volunteer
- Packet Making Pizza Party
- Chatty Volunteers Wanted!
- Volunteer Interpreters Wanted...
- Young Professional Volunteers to...
- Research Based Project...
- Boston Marathon Training Run...