Special Olympics NC - Co-Coordinator - Montgomery County
- A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
DONATE TO THIS
2 people are interested
Special Olympics North Carolina is seeking two Local Co-Coordinators for the Montgomery County area. The co-coordinators will work together with our Community Resource Director and Sports team to serve the 500+ potential athletes in Montgomery County. We hope to restart the program and have a number of interested parties and plans in place but need some dedicated folks on the ground who can help get the program going again. The Co-Coordinators will have the responsibility for successfully implementing Special Olympics activities within his/her assigned geographic area. We will provide ample support to get started and aid in connecting with schools and government departments.
Primary Duties of the Co-Coordinators:
- Management of and regular communication with the local program volunteer committee
- Recruiting and training new local committee members as needed
- Facilitating regular committee and sub-committee meetings and ensuring minutes are kept and updates circulated
- Ensuring various non-sport aspects of the program are properly managed by the committee (i.e., fundraising, volunteer recruitment, etc.)
- Communicating regularly with the other coordinator
Prior experience with a nonprofit organization or sports organization and prior experience in working with a special needs population are preferred. Ability to supervise and effectively delegate to committee members and other volunteers. The ability to communicate openly and in a timely manner. Ability to obtain/maintain a valid NC Driver’s License.
TBDTroy, NC 27371
- Program Management
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Strategic Planning
- Project Management
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 5 or more hours per week
- Great attitude, patience and team building