Volunteer Orientation Coordinator
Volunteer Position Description
Workers Defense Project seeks to empower volunteers and expand the Volunteer Program by creating an administrative team. The Volunteer Orientation Coordinator will be responsible for designing and executing volunteer orientation, communicating with new volunteers, and complete other activities surrounding volunteer orientation.
- Design a standardized orientation program for new volunteers.
- Schedule getting to know you individual conversations with volunteers throughout the month.
- Schedule official orientation sessions at the end of each month.
- Line up necessary speakers (active volunteers, staff members, etc.).
- Invite new volunteers to attend.
- Assemble handout materials.
- Lead the orientation.
- Conduct office tours.
- Follow up with volunteers who attended and volunteers who did not attend.
- Conduct special, adapted orientations sessions for groups or individuals.
- Communicate with the Volunteer Coordinator and other administrative team members on a regular basis.
- Experience planning orientations or welcoming new volunteers.
- Be present and on time for orientation and meetings.
- We ask that you commit to 6 months in this role in order for us to properly evaluate this new position.
- We estimate that this role will require 5 hours of work per week, but this is subject to change.
- Orientation takes place at our office, 5604 Manor Road.
- The position is supervised by the Volunteer Coordinator, who will provide preliminary orientation and ongoing support.
- Contact email@example.com for next steps in getting started.
- Supporting our mission to empower low-income workers by providing excellent volunteer orientation.
- Professional experience in community outreach and designing orientation materials.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
- Human Resources Training & Development
- Public Speaking
- Group Facilitation
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours/week for 6 months