6 people are interested
Many hospice patients are at the end of a long battle with their illness which has left them and their family drained financially. The holidays are exceptionally difficult when they know it might be the last time they celebrate the occasion with their family and there is no money for presents.
Each year our social workers reach out to agencies throughout the county that help ensure gifts are available to be distributed - regardless of which holiday the family chooses to celebrate. It is a monumental task involving distributing the requests to the agencies, making sure they have been filled, wrapping the presents, then getting the packages delivered to the home before the holiday arrives.
We are in need of 2-3 organized and compassionate individuals to assist with this program. Duties involve:
- Collecting and organizing requests from social workers
- Calling "Angel Tree" sponsors and asking permission to include our clients in their program
- Follow up calls to agencies to see if clients have been "adopted" and if presents have been dropped off.
- Picking up presents from various locations and bringing to Good Shepherd Hospice office
- Identify any unfilled requests and work with social workers to find alternative resources or purchase alternative presents
- Making sure all presents are wrapped.
- Working with Volunteer Coordinators to schedule volunteers to make deliveries
This is a fun, challenging, rewarding, and exhausting opportunity to make beautiful memories for families in crisis.
3450 Lakeland Hills BlvdLakeland, FL 33805
- Event Management
- Group Facilitation
- Supply Chain
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- Must use personal vehicle