8 people are interested
Many hospice patients are at the end of a long battle with their illness which has left them and their family drained financially. The holidays are exceptionally difficult when they know it might be the last time they celebrate the occasion with their family and there is no money for presents.
Each year our social workers reach out to agencies throughout the county that help ensure gifts are available to be distributed - regardless of which holiday the family chooses to celebrate. It is a monumental task involving distributing the requests to the agencies, making sure they have been filled, wrapping the presents, then getting the packages delivered to the home before the holiday arrives.
We are in need of 2-3 organized and compassionate individuals to assist with this program. Duties involve:
- Collecting and organizing requests from social workers
- Calling "Angel Tree" sponsors and asking permission to include our clients in their program
- Follow up calls to agencies to see if clients have been "adopted" and if presents have been dropped off.
- Picking up presents from various locations and bringing to Good Shepherd Hospice office
- Identify any unfilled requests and work with social workers to find alternative resources or purchase alternative presents
- Making sure all presents are wrapped.
- Working with Volunteer Coordinators to schedule volunteers to make deliveries
This is a fun, challenging, rewarding, and exhausting opportunity to make beautiful memories for families in crisis.
About Good Shepherd Hospice
3450 Lakeland Hills Bvld, Lakeland, FL 33805, US
Good Shepherd Hospice strives to provide quality palliative care and relieve the suffering of those in our communities affected by life-limiting illnesses and end-of-life issues, maintaining the highest ethical standards, so all may live as fully and comfortably as possible.
Hospice care allows those no longer seeking curative treatment to die in comfort and peace, and in control of their surroundings, with supportive care extending to the entire family network. Good Shepherd Hospice provides care to almost half of all those who die in our communities, serving Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties. Care is based on medical need without regard to race, age, ability to pay, creed, gender, lifestyle, or illness. As a non-profit organization, we are able to provide charitable care through generous donations and the special care that our volunteers provide.
3450 Lakeland Hills BlvdLakeland, FL 33805
- Event Management
- Group Facilitation
- Supply Chain
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 17
- Orientation or Training
- 2-4 hours per week
- Must use personal vehicle