Cambridge Community Television is seeking folks who are interested in broadcasting to assist with the operations of our live evening programming. Cablecast Volunteers facilitate the use of CCTV's Live studio by CCTV members who sign up to host their own weekly 30-minute live shows. Volunteers are also responsible for monitoring the on-air operations of our three Public Access TV channels. No previous broadcast experience is required. However, volunteers must be skilled at working with people of varying backgrounds and personalities.
In exchange for a consistent 5-hour shift each week for a 4-month minimum commitment, you will receive a free CCTV Access Membership (including unlimited free production classes and access to equipment and facilities).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist users of CCTV's Live studio, attending to any technical issues Live producers might face. Make sure that Live shows go on the air in a timely manner.
- Create a friendly, professional environment and ensure high quality customer service for Live producers and their guests.
- Monitor outgoing and cable signals to ensure quality broadcasting. Prevent technical glitches in our broadcasts and Live shows. Create a pleasurable viewing experience for viewers.
- Occasionally cue up and play prerecorded programs according to the schedule.
- Must work a consistent 5-hour shift each week for a 4-month minimum commitment. We are currently looking to fill a Wednesday evening spot, 4-9pm.
- Avoid tardiness and last minute missed shifts. Ability to give at least one week of advance notice if you will be late or absent.
- Must have an interest in working with technical equipment. Volunteers must have basic computer literacy. However, no previous broadcast experience is required, as training is provided.
- Must have good customer service skills and patience working with others.
If interested in the position, please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Or, call (617) 401-4008 for more information.
- Basic Computer Skills
- People Skills
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 5 hours per week