Tree House Humane Society
Purpose of Position:
Morning Caregivers help staff clean and prepare the colony rooms and the building itself for adoption hours. With volunteer support during this busy time, we are able to keep our facility sparkling clean for both the cats and their future adopters!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and setup colony rooms prior to adoption hours in the mornings.
- Light building maintenance such as sweeping, mopping, window cleaning, etc.
- Wash and fold cat blankets and bedding.
- Wash and disinfect litter boxes, bowls, and toys.
- Other duties as requested.
- 18+ years old
- Must love cats!
- Be willing to roll up your sleeves to do the dirty work.
- Appropriate interpersonal skills for team activities and ability to work independently.
- Possess basic range of motion and energy to complete simple tasks such as sweeping, mopping, scooping litter boxes, lifting and carrying small items.
Training Volunteer Will Receive:
- Proper cleaning and sanitation procedures for cat shelters.
- Cat body language and appropriate cat-human interaction skills.
How to Apply:
Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at Volunteer@TreeHouseAnimals.org.
About Tree House Humane Society
7225 N. Western Ave., Chicago, IL 60645, US
Tree House is a humane organization that promotes the inherent value of every animal and strives to educate the public about proper and responsible animal care, with a focus on the care and placement of stray cats with special physical and emotional needs. We are committed to finding every healthy and treatable animal a home.
Since its founding, Tree House has created innovative and progressive approaches to animal welfare that not only enhance the lives of companion animals in our community, but also bring a greater awareness of animal welfare issues to the general public.
Admission/Adoption: Tree House’s primary mission centers around the rescue, rehabilitation, and adoption of sick, injured, abused, and neglected cats. Since our founding in 1971, Tree House has rescued and adopted more than 25,000 cats.
Spay/Neuter Program: Tree House has sterilized more than 30,000 animals through public spay/neuter as well as our Community Cats/T-N-R (trap-neuter-return) program.