12 people are interested
Summer Camp Volunteer (on a farm!)
ORGANIZATION: Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
Please visit the new page to apply.
12 people are interested
Summer camp volunteers will assist the camp instructors leading small groups of children ages 7-11 during day camp. As a volunteer you will help provide a successful camp experience for campers by keeping them safe engaged through co-facilitating a variety of educational games and activities. Volunteers typically work with the same small camp group throughout the week, assisting the Summer Camp Instructor of that group.
- Assist camp instructors with summer camp activities
- Assist with behavioral management of campers
- Help monitor and support safety of campers
- Assist in setup and clean-up of daily camp activities; arriving an hour before and staying about an hour after the campers each day (usually 8am-4pm)
For additional information and full camp session descriptions, please visit our website: https://www.oxbow.org/education/summercamp/
- High-energy and flexible
- Self-driven and motivated
- Interest in outdoor education
- Ability to do light physical work, including standing for several hours and spending full days outdoors
- Age 15 or older; camper siblings & parents/guardians are encouraged to volunteer with us!
- Experience working with children preferred
- Ability to pass a background check and attend on-farm training in June (let us know if this is a barrier, we are happy to discuss options and work with your schedule!)
- Great experience to add to a resume or college application
- 40+ community service hours per week
- Enjoy the natural beauty of Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center in the Snoqualmie Valley
- Have a fulfilling experience connecting children to nature and food systems
- Make new friends and network with other passionate educators and farmers
- Bring home fresh, seasonal, organic produce every day!
How to Apply:
Applications are located at http://www.oxbow.org/get-involved/volunteer
If you have any questions, please call 425-788-1134 ext. 3 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Oxbow Farm & Conservation Center
10819 CARNATION-DUVALL RD NE, Carnation, WA 98014, US
Our mission is to inspire people to eat healthy, sustainably grown food and to steward our natural resources for future generations. By creating connections to, curiosity about, and confidence in nature, Oxbow Education (OxEd) lays the foundation for future stewards of the Earth, giving people the tools and inspiration to cultivate their own relationship with their community, the food they eat, and the natural world.
The Center is located on 240 acres of forest and grassland bordered by Western Washington’s Snoqualmie River. We use this mixed landscape to:
Produce food. We cultivate 30 acres of mixed vegetable crops using agro-ecological principles and engage in research to inform conservation farming practice.
Grow native plants. We operate a native plant nursery that produces plants for habitat restoration projects, educational gardens, and urban landscapes, and conducts research on native plant propagation using sustainable growing methods.
Connect children to nature. We offer environmental education programs for children pre-K thru high school to build their comfort in the outdoors and provide them with opportunities to learn about the links between agriculture, conservation, and the environment.
10819 Carnation-Duvall Rd. NEPublic EntranceCarnation, WA 98014
May 4, 2022
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Science
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 15
- Orientation or Training
- Entire camp session, Mon- Fri 8am-4pm; campers on site 9am-3pm (one unique 4-day week July 5-8). Full session commitment is preferred but we can accommodate custom schedules as needed.
- Silliness, enthusiasm for fresh foods, creativity, art/music skills a plus!