Arbor Vitae Hospice is seeking office and patient care volunteers throughout the Inland Empire to fill the gap between loved ones and professional caregivers--provide the ultimate gift of companionship to our patients and much-needed caregiver relief to their loved ones.
Healthcare experience is not required. This is a great opportunity to gain hands on experience in the medical field or to just give back to our community! Every volunteer will receive free, comprehensive training and support to help you enjoy a positive and rewarding volunteering experience! Volunteers will learn hospice philosophy, caring for the terminally ill, grief and loss education, healthy and safety precautions ad much more.
The task of patient care volunteers includes:
* Staying with patients so family members can get a much-needed rest
* Running errands for patients and families
* Singing or playing music
* Keeping vigil with patients in their final hours
* Providing a friendly visit to lift a patient's spirits
These simple yet heartfelt tasks are why hospice volunteers are such an essential part of the Arbor Vitae experience.
The tasks of office volunteer: (Office is in Norco, CA)
* Assist with answering phones, filing, and any related office task during business hours of M-F 9 AM to 5 PM.
Before starting, you would go through an application process including:
1. Fill out and return the volunteer application
2. Scheduled interview/orientation during normal business hours
3. Complete background check
4. Physical exam (Letter from DR. will be fine), and negative TB test
5. Provide a copy of Driver's License and proof of Car Insurance
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training