Come volunteer at Eisner and get experience working with patients!
- Help patients fill out their medical forms
- Sign patients up for our Patient Portal
- Assist with miscellaneous projects when patient flow is slow
- BILINGUAL (SPANISH/ENGLISH)
- Comfortable approaching patients to offer assistance
- Understand that the information discussed is confidential
Blanca, an Eisner Health Volunteer, had the following to say about her experience.
"As a patient portal volunteer, you help members of the community take charge of their own health by helping them have increased access to their own medical records and physicians. Often times lack of knowledge and access issues are the main culprit for illness and by providing patients with the opportunity to ask their own questions and see their medical history you are empowering patients to take control of their health. By assisting older patients, you are decreasing technological barriers that would have prevented them from signing up and taking advantage of this opportunity. The added bonus is working with patients and being able to greet them with a smile and having them reciprocate that smile after having a good interaction with you, although brief. When working with people it’s the little things that cause the biggest ripples. This experience is really what you make of it. There is so much flexibility and the friendly staff allow for countless learning opportunities as it relates to the world of healthcare and the human condition. "
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 3+ hrs/week for a minimum of 10 weeks; Mon-Fri
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)