31 people are interested
Do YOU want to make a difference in youth aged 14-21 to ensure they have a brighter future?
If yes, The Connecting YOUth program of Union County is looking for Peer and Professional mentors close-by to help develop and shape our youth into thriving and prosperous adults.
Some of the basic requirements include but are not limited to:
- Devoting a few hours per month (arranged by you and the youth)
- Call/text contact between outings
- Mentor must be willing to participate in monthly supervision updates with the mentor coordinator.
- Mentors will also participate in agency provided mentor training.
What is my role as a mentor?
Roles of a mentor include but are not limited to:
- Building trust with your mentee
- Be someone your mentee can count on
- Actively listen to your mentee
- Help your mentee identify goals and plans for the betterment of their future.
- Encourage your mentee to accomplish any goals they have identified
- Have FUN with your mentee!!
What do mentors and mentees do together?
Mentor and Mentee activities vary upon the pair, but some of the most common activities are listed below:
- Setting and prioritizing goals
- Attending workshops, college tours and conferences
- Job shadowing
- Recreational activities
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
505 South Ave EastCranford, NJ, NJ 07016
- Child Development
- Child Advocacy
- Youth Services
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 1 year, 4 hours per month
- Flexible monthly supervision sessions