7 people are interested
Who we are
At 5Kilobytes, we’re on a mission to help children establish a balance between healthy lifestyle foundations and logical thinking patterns - Sports and Health meets STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
We’re committed to offering camps and programs that connect engineering and technological projects to real world activities. Parents don't have to choose between STEM and sports/adventure camp - at 5Kilobytes, your child experiences both in an interconnected, practically applicable experience.
Who we are looking for
A Graphic Designer who wants to join our growing Team!
At 5Kilobytes, we are looking for the right person to help us create compelling designs that drive discussion, action, as well as the growth of the Company. Think you might have what it takes? Keep reading!
What’s in it for you?
- Project Ownership You will lead the design at 5Kilobytes. As our resident Subject Matter Expert, you will be able to shape and lead us in our growth in a very big way.
- The Chance to Wear a LOT of Hats Our creatives cover the full gamut - from Art Directors, to Production Artists and Designers!
Where are you right now- and what will your future look like at 5Kilobytes?
You are a blossoming design professional, but you want to work for a company that is solving real-world problems - one that gives back to the community and supports the leaders of tomorrow. You are looking for a small but growing company that will afford you the opportunity to gain significant experience as you progress through your career.
What you will do:
- Create high quality visuals that tell unique and compelling media/brand stories that excite customers
- Conceptualize and design layouts for digital publishing that is consistent with 5KB branding
- Support internal pre-press operation by performing retouching, proofing for PDF output
- Build custom promotional pages for the 5KB brand story
- Develop creative concepts for digital advertisements
- Collaborate with internal teams as a Subject Matter Expert, providing support and expertise where necessary
- The design and implementation of proper financial controls to ensure financial integrity is maintained at all times
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- Education You possess a recognized degree in graphic design.
- Experience You bring a minimum of 3 years of graphic design experience in a similar role in another company.
- Communication Skills You are an expert communicator, with advanced verbal and written English communication skills.
- Technical Skills Technology is your secret weapon and how you get things done. You have sound knowledge of Adobe CC, Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite of applications, and expert-level proficiency within various design tools.
- Motivation and Drive You set your mind to something and you let nothing get in your way of achieving it. You are a self-starter with a high degree of initiative that allows you to create efficiencies in your own work processes, as well as those of your team members.
- Consultative You have demonstrated the ability to build relationships and effectively work with and influence others in a virtual capacity, solving problems and improving efficiencies in a creative manner. Out-of-the-box thinking is your specialty.
- Passion You are genuinely interested in the objectives of the organization, new ideas and new technology. You want to change an industry, one person at a time.
Think this opportunity is meant for you, but worried you don’t have it all? At 5Kilobytes, we know that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking; and you are excited by the possibility of growing our company, take a chance and express your interest by applying with your resume to:
To learn more about who we are, what we do and our team, follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter .
5Kilobytes welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We'll work with your schedule.
This is a Virtual Opportunity, with no fixed address.
- People Skills
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Graphic Design / Print