Be the Change we ALL want to see!!
AGEnts for Change Building for Generations!!!
A Community that is good for all ages is a community that is built to last.
AGEnts for Change are ACTIVE volunteers regularly engage in Community advocacy and social justice to insure that our community is a safe livable place for people of all ages to live work and play in.
Volunteers work to improve our community to make sure it is an 'all age, all people' friendly home for everyone; particularly older adults.
Volunteers engage in advocacy and social justice to support key issues from Healthy Housing, Healthy Transportation, Healthy Food!
AGEnts don’t have to be experts in governmental affairs or even issues related to healthy aging, but bring their willingness to learn about issues and advocacy skills through monthly meetings, trainings and community research.What do AGEnts for Change do?
Volunteers work to understand how policy decisions can impact the lives of seniors and their families, and then work with decision makers to effect sustainable change.
AGEnts decide how they want to contribute. This can include a variety of activities such as:
- Researching issues and concerns affecting Santa Clara County seniors, their caregivers and their families
- Outreach in Our communities
- Answering calls to action such as writing or calling your elected official
- Meeting with decision makers who can impact policy
- Speaking at City Council or County Board of Supervisors meetings on behalf of a specific issue
- Participating in AGEnts for Change meetings
- Inviting others to AGEnts for Change events or making calls to other volunteers
- Sharing personal stories, passion and care
- Urban Planning
- Real Estate & Leasing
- Faith-based Leadership
- Home Repair
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- Deliver Meals to Homebound...
- Generational Newsletter Wizard
- Friends from Meals on Wheels -...
- Meals on Wheels: Cantonese...
- Love Arts & Crafts & Seniors?...
- Be an AGEnt for Change!
- Looking for Musicians to Play...
- Meals On Wheels Food Distribution
- Door Knocking for Meals on Wheels
- Silicon Valley Disaster...
- Spanish speaking volunteer...
- Seeking Students of Pre-Physical...