Spend some time with a hospice patient and create a special space for them-- reading, reviewing their life history, writing a letter to a loved one for them, or just listening to their stories and providing companionship. As a Hospice Volunteer you are specially trained to support the patient and family in a variety of ways. For more information on how you can make a difference in the life of a hospice patient, call or email Cesslie Joy Pharr, Volunteer Coordinator at Brookdale Hospice.
Serious inquiries only: must pass a background check, drug screen and two-step TB test.
- Veteran Care
- Elder care
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Spiritual Healing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One hour a week or more if you have time
- compassion for people at the end of their life
- Read to Hospice Patients
- Vigil Volunteer
- Awesome Office Administrator
- Join Our Hospice Companionship...
- Sing to (and with) a Hospice...
- Veteran-to-Veteran Hospice...
- Hospice Volunteer Orientation:...
- Hospice Volunteers Needed!
- Hospice Companion Volunteer
- Animal Companions for Hospice...
- Ivory Tickler for Hospice Patients