The Libertas Center is seeking a volunteer to assist Libertas Center staff with a range of case management support work, including administrative, communication, and research duties. We estimate the role to be 2 days per week, on-site.
Duties and Responsibilities (Other/different roles may be added):
- Conducts internet research to identify and update social service resources (food, shelter, housing, pharmacy, childcare, ESL lists), tailored to client locations.
- Carries out research on country conditions, to support case reviews.
- Scans/files documents and ensures ongoing accuracy and completeness of electronic and paper files.
- Enters information/data regularly from referrals and other forms into database and paper/electronic files.
- Schedules and changes client’s appointments with providers as needed. Sends appointment reminders.
- Updates waiting list to identify needs and questions. Assists with providing follow up resources.
- Supports Libertas staff as needed.
BA, BS minimum.
Second language preferred (Spanish, Bangla, Russian, French); experience working with phone and in-person interpreters.
Ability to multi-task and successfully meet responsibilities with professionalism.
Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Familiarity with issues facing New York’s immigrant communities.
Non-judgmental, compassionate, culturally sensitive approach and ability to empathize with others.
Strong commitment to human rights work and to the Libertas Center’s mission.
Familiarity and comfort/interest working with immigrant populations with complex trauma in a social and/or health services setting.
- Data Entry
- Program Management
- Internet Research
- Case Work / Management
- Administrative Support
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- 2 days/week on-site
- 2nd language desirable: Spanish, Bangla, Russian, French