SIMA Classroom is a groundbreaking media platform for global education that features over 100 of the best social-issue films from the annual Social Impact Media Awards (SIMA). This is a diverse and expansive "Netflix for educators". Be a part of bringing the world into classrooms!
APPLY NOW send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a highly organized and self-motivated individual to conduct research and maintain outreach correspondence for our educational film program, SIMA Classroom. Candidates must be proficient in Google Docs and Microsoft Excel, have excellent research and communication skills and a strong interest in education, impact media, human rights and advocacy.
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and independently organize workflow
- Be forward-thinking and well-spoken
- Ability to give input and collaborate on ideas
- Strong interest in global social justice, documentaries, and education
- Experience with listservs & Google Docs is a plus
- Experience working in the education, media, non-profit sector is a plus
- Lesson plan writing / copy-editing experience a huge plus
- Wordpress or other website upkeep experience is also a huge plus!
- Conduct research for finding potential educational institutions, partners, conferences to attend, and organizations to follow and interact with on social channels;
- Conduct research for expanding edu resources and lesson plans;
- Update SIMA Classroom website and social media channels;
- Write and track outreach correspondence;
- Assist other team members in day-to-day tasks and activities.
3 months minimum required. Work in office minimum 2 days a week 11am-5pm.
Unpaid internship with benefits such as:
- Opportunity to learn with a non-profit/ film festival/ advocacy organization
- Build contacts in the independent film/ media/ educational/ humanitarian/ human rights sector
- Each intern will be required to work on a project during their internship. This can be anything from a short documentary to an advocacy campaign - if it sets your soul on fire, we want to help it come into fruition and will mentor your project throughout your time with us. More importantly, you will get a platform to graduate your passion from ideation to creation.
- Paid expenses
How to apply
Please send your CV and a Cover Letter demonstrating familiarity with our work to email@example.com. Applications without a Cover Letter will not be considered.
- Copy Writing / Copy Editing
- Google Apps
- General Education
- Market Research / Analysis
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 20
- 2 days/week in office