Who we are
At 5Kilobytes (www.5kilobytes.org), we’re on a mission to help children establish a balance between healthy lifestyle foundations and logical thinking patterns - Sports and Health meets STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics).
We’re committed to offering camps and programs that connect engineering and technological projects to real world activities. Parents don't have to choose between STEM and sports/adventure camp - at 5Kilobytes, your child experiences both in an interconnected, practically applicable experience.
Who we are looking for
A Talent Acquisition Manager who wants to own the talent acquisition process and manage a team!
At 5Kilobytes, we are looking for the right person to help us lead the strategic vision to all aspects of the talent acquisition of the Company. Think you might have what it takes? Keep reading!
What’s in it for you?
- Project Ownership You will lead the establishment and operations of everything related to talent acquisition at 5Kilobytes. As our resident Subject Matter Expert, you will be able to shape and lead us in our growth in a very big way.
- Cross-functional Exposure You will work closely with all members of the Executive Team, allowing you a 360 end-to-end view of the organization, as you play a critical role in building the team of the future.
- Professional Development This is your opportunity to build the Talent Acquisition Team from scratch, play a key role in the growth of the Company, and make a difference by helping us refine our strategy as we continue to grow.
Where are you right now- and what will your future look like at 5Kilobytes?
You are a successful recruiter, but you want to work for a company that is solving real-world problems - one that gives back to the community and supports the leaders of tomorrow. You are looking for a small but growing company that will afford you the opportunity to gain significant experience as you progress through your career.
What you will do:
- Lead, and be responsible for, establishment and ongoing operations of all aspects of the talent acquisition processes of the Company
- Oversee all functional aspects, including, but not limited to:
- Analyze the flow of applicants and devise new recruitment strategies when needed
- Source, screen, and assess volunteer candidates, maintaining a consistent flow of candidates as necessary
- Administer the recruitment process on behalf of the Hiring Manager, including the scheduling of interviews, completion of required paperwork and administrative duties prior to volunteer start date
- Verify references and conduct necessary background checks
- Maintain up-to-date social media and job board accounts
- Other duties as assigned
What you have:
- Experience You bring a minimum of 2 years of full cycle recruitment experience, including:
- conducting intake meetings to establish goal of hire
- writing job descriptions and advertisements
- running an end-to-end recruitment desk
- Communication Skills You are an expert communicator, with advanced verbal and written English communication skills. You have a wonderful personality and are able to strike up a conversation easily with anyone you meet.
- Technical Skills Technology is your secret weapon and how you get things done. You have sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite or G-Suite of applications, and are proficient with applicant tracking software packages.
- Motivation and Drive You set your mind to something and you let nothing get in your way of achieving it. You are a self-starter with a high degree of initiative that allows you to create efficiencies in your own work processes, as well as those of your team members.
- Consultative You have demonstrated the ability to build relationships and effectively work with and influence others in a virtual capacity, solving problems and improving efficiencies in a creative manner. Out-of-the-box thinking is your specialty.
You have outstanding presentation skills. Your consultative approach in meetings gains the trust of those listening to you.
- Passion You are genuinely interested in the objectives of the organization, new ideas and new technology. You want to change an industry, one person at a time.
Think this opportunity is meant for you, but worried you don’t have it all? At 5Kilobytes, we know that not everyone takes the same path when it comes to building their skills. Hands-on experience, intelligence, innovation, a passion for learning and a team-focused approach can combine to form the best set of qualifications. If you feel you meet all or most of the qualifications we are seeking; and you are excited by the possibility of growing our company, take a chance and express your interest by applying with your resume to:
5Kilobytes welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment