The role of the Community Residences Foundation (CRF) is to advance the mission of Community Residences Inc., (CRI) by raising, managing and distributing private, charitable contributions exclusively in support of CRI and CRI’s affiliate corporations.
CRF is guided by a board of directors (the Board).that provides oversight for the work of CRI’s Philanthropy & External Affairs department (P&EA). The Board assists CRI in determining the goals and objectives of specific fundraising initiatives, recommends CRF investment and investment policies to the CRI Board and has the fiduciary duty of ensuring proper stewardship of gifts received by CRF.
In accordance with CRF’s by-laws, Board members are elected to serve a three-year term of office and no more than three consecutive three-year terms. The term of officers may be extended in order to fulfill their duties as an officer.
In addition to the Roles and Responsibilities agreed to by the Board members of CRI and its affiliate corporations, CRF Board members are expected to:
- Act as an advocate and ambassador for CRI and affiliates to friends, family, business associates and other constituencies at all times.
- Provide advice and counsel in an ongoing fashion to the work of CRF by attending CRF Board meetings (approximately 4 per year).
- Make CRI a personal charitable priority with annual gifts of $500 to CRI or a CRI affiliate a recommended minimum.
- Willingly assist P&EA staff and other CRI staff connect with potential donors with whom the CRF Board member has influence, leverage or entre, whether as an active solicitor, a key part of the cultivation process, or as a point of introduction dependent on the circumstances.
- Provide guidance regarding the viability of potential funding initiatives and their relationship to private industry, the community or other constituents.
- Attend events, especially but not limited to: CRI fundraising events, open houses and other community-based or CRI supported events.
- Support ad hoc opportunities (hosting or helping to host receptions, dinners, recruitment events, etc.) that support the work of CRF or CRI, with the understanding that care will be taken to ration these opportunities appropriately.
- Resource Development / Management
- Business Development & Sales Management
- Capacity Planning
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 3-10 hours per quarter