Shaping Destiny is a small non-profit that is looking for a volunteer to help us grow in our social media engagement and reach.
Duties may include:
- Develop and post engaging content to grow and motivate audiences on social media.
- Monitor online conversations and actively participate in them to build brand visibility.
- Creatively and proactively engage social media community members. Identify and engage influencers.
- Participates in online conversations and cultivates social media users to become Shaping Destiny supporters.
- Actively maintain current social media best practices, trends, and tools and recommends new strategies with meaningful measurements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Has a deep love of social media and significant personal following.
- Is passionate about the creation of content that inspires and empowers the audience who engages with it to make a difference in the world.
- Knowledge of digital content editing and posting as well as all of the different social platforms and when to use each.
- Is able to multitask and work to numerous deadlines
- Is self-directed, able to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Has outstanding organization and attention to detail
- Has an advanced understanding of social media analytics and analytical tools, such as Google Analytics, Facebook and Instagram Insights, Hootsuite, etc.
- Experience working with design tools, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, is a plus.
- Has knowledge of existing social media tools and trends in communications and marketing.
- Learn more about Shaping Destiny and better acquaint yourself with our mission and vision. Visit shapingdestiny.org/about and check us out on Facebook and Instagram to see what types of content we post.
- Let us know about your interest in volunteering to join the Life Changer’s Team by filling out an application. You can find the link to the application at shapingdestiny.org/joinstaff
- We will contact you to begin the interview process and you can expect to learn more about us along the way, ask questions, and be interviewed by several Shaping Destiny team members.
- Social Media / Blogging
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Brand Development & Messaging
- Interactive/Social Media/SEO
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- About 5 hrs per week for at least 6 months