Position Overview & Basic Function:
Susan G. Komen Chicago is looking for an intern with experience in database management, web design or general computer science. Komen requires a great deal of data collection and management in the areas of fundraising, volunteer hours and program participants. Experience gained in the classroom and through personal application will be accepted. This internship will provide exposure to data quality control issues, website design and other computer related tasks.
- Run reports to analyze data
- Assisting with transfer of database information
- Keeping databases up to date
- Minor website design and web updates via WordPress & Convio
- Managing and cleaning up of our current database systems
- Data entry of participant information into, Convio (donor database), Salesforce etc.
Required Skills & Education:
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Experience working with database programs and computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Quick learner with the ability to self-motivate
- Strong experience in Microsoft Offices (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student or be a graduate of a college or university
- Ability to lift / carry 15 pounds; capable of standing for one hour or more.
- Position will need to use their personal computer
- Candidate may be subject to a criminal background check.
- Opportunity to gain insight into the not-for-profit sector.
- "Hands-on" environment with individuals who respond to critical community issues.
- Develop above-entry-level skills in the world of database management
- Data Entry
- Database Administration
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 20 hours per week