Interpreters are needed during open clinic hours to assist our Spanish speaking patients, including interpreting at the front desk during patient check‐in, patient triage, over the phone, and interpreting between nurses, providers and patients in exam rooms. This is a very important position. Without interpreters, patients with limited English might not get the appropriate care that they desperately need.
Urgent Care Clinic hrs: Mon/Wed/Fri 9:00am - 12:00pm Tues/Thurs 5:30pm - 9:30pm Vision Clinic Hours: Monday 5:30pm - 8:00pm Immunization Clinic Hours: 1st and third Wednesdays 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm Dental Clinic -Schedule Varies
Shadow training observations of an experienced volunteer. Ongoing support is provided during each clinic by the Clinic Director or other designated staff.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality.
- Ability to engage patients with respect and compassion.
- Conscientious about interpreting exactly what the patient says, feeling confident enough to ask for clarification from either the doctor or the patient.
- An understanding of, and alertness to, cultural context and how it may influence spoken language.
- Dependability and timeliness.
- Minimum commitment of one shift a month for a year.
- Minimum 18 years old.
BENEFITS Current volunteers describe a number of benefits:
- The satisfaction of helping your community when there are so many people who would otherwise not receive health care needs.
- Experience translating in a clinical setting.
- Working with patients who daily, in writing and vocally, express gratitude for the care you provide.
For further information please visit our website at www.freeclinics.org or contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com 360-313-1389
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training