SUMMARY: The Dental Assistant is an important member of the volunteer team during dental clinics. The DA helps the dentists and hygienists provide dental care to patients while adhering to all state regulations. Duties may include X rays, set up for procedures, breakdown operatories, 4 handed dental assisting, chart review, and sterilization.
SCHEDULE Varied 8:00‐12:30 and/or 12:30‐5:15 The online schedule will reflect an opening each time a dentist signs up and requests an assistant. A general email or phone call can alert you to the need, but you can also check online regularly.
TRAINING PROVIDED The Dental Van Coordinator will introduce you to our different clinics, explain the layout and operations of our mobile dental operatory, help facilitate the clinics, and provide support.
REQUESTED COMMITMENT Once per month for one year.
- Experienced dental assistant with at least 3‐6 months of general experience as a dental assistant
- Experienced with basic infection control, sterilization, room set‐up, extractions, fillings, exams, and x‐ray knowledge preferred
- Washington State dental assistant registration suggested, but not required (D1)
- The satisfaction of helping people who have limited care options
- The fun of being a member of an enthusiastic, diverse, and caring team of volunteers
- Working with patients who daily, in writing and vocally, express gratitude for the care you provide
For further information please visit our website at www.freeclinics.org/volunteer or contact the volunteer coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org 360-313-1389
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18