Food Bank volunteer
10 people are interested
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Jan. 20
The Food Bank needs friendly, dedicated volunteers to help us serve a growing number of food insecure people in our community.
We currently need volunteers who can fill the following weekly shifts:
- Mondays: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. (4 volunteers needed), 2 - 5 p.m. (4)
- Tuesdays: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. (2), 2 - 5 p.m. (3)
- Wednesdays: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. (1), 5 - 8 p.m. (2)
- Fridays: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. (3), 2 - 5 p.m. (1)
Once you have completed your application, you will be contacted for an interview prior to training.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 319-351-2726 ext. 120.
"Volunteering at the Food Bank allows me to see, firsthand, the incredible work being done every day to create an end to food insecurity in Johnson County. The Food Bank is full of incredible, kind-hearted, driven volunteers and even more warm, kind clients. Seeing everyone come together to work toward
a common goal is inspiring." - Brianna, Food Bank volunteer
1121 S. Gilbert CourtIowa City, IA 52240
- Counseling / Mental Health
- Crisis Counseling
- Food Service
- Warehouse Equipment Operations
- Customer Service
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- 3 hours per week for at least 9 months
- Complete an application, be invited to an interview, and attend four hours of training.