Pharmacy Technicians provide support for the licensed pharmacist as needed. Duties may include helping the pharmacists to prepare prescriptions, label bottles, consulting with other medical professionals, and/or verifying that prescriptions are complete and accurate.
Monday | Wednesday | Friday *Morning Clinics* 9:15am-12pm Tuesday | Thursday *Evening Clinics* 6:45pm-9:30pm
New pharmacy technicians will shadow an existing pharmacy technician to receive comprehensive training. Written Guidelines for this position are provided on the next page.
Twelve months - minimum one shift per month.
- CPhT, pharmacy technician training, or other pharmacy background is preferred. ?
- Enthusiasm for helping the underserved. ?
- Detail-oriented and capable of focusing in a busy clinic environment.
- Volunteers get to work collectively to assist uninsured families, the larger community, and the Free Clinic, which would not be able to function without the generous support of volunteers.
- Valuable health care experience and insight is gained, useful to anyone considering a career in health care or currently working in the field. ?
- A potential letter of reference, for academic and professional applications is available to volunteers who excel. ?
- The satisfaction that comes with being a member of an enthusiastic, diverse, and caring team of volunteers.
For further information please visit our website at www.freeclinics.org/volunteer or contact the volunteer coordinator at email@example.com 360-313-1389
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18