JerseySTEM is an all volunteers grassroots non-profit agency dedicated to bridging the Innovation Gap, the Opportunity Gap and the Gender Gap in STEM education. We provide free of charge after-school, project-based, hands-on, team structures programs in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math to underserved students in New Jersey. Classes include: Robotics, Coding, Engineering, Life Sciences, etc. and are focused on kids grade 5-8. The programs last 10 weeks and are taught predominantly by volunteer college students that we recruit, train, transport and mentor as they donate 2 hours/week to the program.
In this role the G Suite Developer will be r esponsible for development, automation, integration of products and tools to support the JerseySTEM community.
- Maintain and support existing automated process and tools
- Extend and enable new process automation
- Develop new systems to increase team performance
- Proficiency working with Google Apps Scripts to perform process automation tasks
- Knowledge of Google and other RESTful APIs, OAuth authentication schemes
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases
- Strong familiarity with multiple APIs and using cloud based services via API calls.
- In-depth experience developing cloud based applications.
- Experience calling RESTful APIs
- Ability to write SQL queries
- Develop gSuite apps using apps scripts and connect to other services such as cloud services (BigQuery).
- Experience working in Linux, BSD or Unix environment.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of users (internal and external), strong problem solving skills, adaptable, proactive, and willing to take ownership.
- Strong commitment to quality, architecture, and documentation.
- SQL / MySQL
- Google Apps
- Information Architecture
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- 3 - 5 hours per week
- COA: STEM Speaker Series...
- ADM:Executive Assistant to the...
- LID:Academic Director
- SIT: Community Manager (Newark,...
- UNI: Mentoring program coordinator
- COA: App Inventor Coach
- DEV: Development: Retail Stores...
- MKT: Event organizer/recruiter...
- MKT: Public Relations for a...
- DEV:Corporate Engagement Manager
- ADM:Girls STEM Parties
- COA: Computer Science Education...
- GOO: Google Apps/Calendar support
- COA:Coach/Mentor Engineering...
- COA: Java Tutor for High School...
- MKT: PR/Communication
- DEV: Development: Sponsors...
- HRS: Organizational Chart...
- DEV: Development: NationBuilder...
- INS: High School Counseling for...