Are you a dog lover and looking for a way to make a REAL impact in the community? Rocket Dog Rescue is looking for a Kennel Manager to join management at our Oakland Sanctuary. You will be part of a rockstar team that helps the dogs transition from scared, lonely, and overlooked to happy, healthy, well-loved and adoption ready!
The Kennel Manager is responsible for:
1) Providing leadership to the volunteer kennel team, modeling safe handling and sanctuary best practices
2) Monitoring dog behavior/health and working with larger management team to address any issues and develop improvement plan
3) Creating and updating kennel cards and to capture all relevant information about each dog (behavior, special care, handling instructions) and working with the online posting team to get the appropriate information out to potential adopters/fosters
4) Help to train new volunteers
5) Maintain list of supplies needed for monthly supply orders and place order
6) Work with other sanctuary managers to ensure dogs get appropriate attention each day, to prepare for adoption events and MUCH MUCH more!
Rocket Dog Urban Sanctuary is looking for someone who is a problem solver and can easily work with many different types of humans and dogs. This person should have experience handling dogs of all shapes, sizes, and ages and be willing to get his/her hands dirty!
- People Skills
- Animal Care / Handling
- Problem Solving
- Verbal / Written Communication
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- ~20 hrs/week (mainly weekdays!)