Bellevue Arts Museum is seeking an individual for an internship in the Education Department. This person would primarily assist in the development, implementation, and management of the Museum’s Public Programs. The Public Programs Intern will support the Education Curator in the planning, coordination, promotion, and execution of events linked to current and upcoming exhibitions. BAM’s Public Programs include lectures, film screenings, demonstrations, performances, interactive spaces, and gallery talks. The internship offers excellent experience for individuals interested in museum education, public programs, and adult learning.
This position is suited for a college student who is organized, detail-oriented, friendly, outgoing, and a clear communicator. Bellevue Arts Museum will work with students to provide educational opportunities that meet college requirements. We encourage interns to seek academic credit for their internship and will assist in any way to help the intern receive it. Inquire with your advisor or department chair about your school's requirements.
- Provide support to Education Department during events including set-up and tear down
- Coordinate, train, and manage volunteers before and during events
- Greet visitors and assist with questions or needs
- Present an informed and pleasant demeanor when interacting with the public and volunteers
- Assist with the selection and scheduling of speakers
- Coordinate with presenters and event staff
- Communicate with community partners and collaborators
- Works with the marketing department to promote events through website, social media, calendar posts, eblast, etc.
- Research possibilities for the future program opportunities
- Administer follow-up surveys, track attendance, and summarize results, successes, and write recommendations for future events
- Other administrative support, as time allows
- Degree or student pursuing degree in education, art, arts administration, or museum studies
- Excellent written communication skills with correct grammar and spelling
- Interest in museum education, arts education, or related field
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite is a must (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to plan, think through scenarios, and problem solve
- Must be able to work independently and in a team
- Attention to detail related to data and record-keeping
- Knowledge of Keynote and PowerPoint programs, and general A/V, a plus
- Physical requirement: manual dexterity and ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
To apply, email your r?sum? and a brief letter of interest to Eileen Herbert, Curator of Learning & Public Programming, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls, please. For more information about BAM’s Public Programs, visit https://www.bellevuearts.org/programs-events/public-programs.
- Exhibition Arts
- People Skills
- Administrative Support
- Arts Administration
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 10 -15 hours a week