The Resource Development Volunteer, under the direction of the Board Chair, is responsible for identifying and securing grant opportunities, event sponsorships, and in-kind donations to fund/support the programs and initiatives. We are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills who is organized, assertive, outgoing, and professional.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, write, and edit government, foundation, and corporate grant proposals, applications, and reports according to guidelines, with particular attention to each funder's unique priorities.
- Maintain a comprehensive inventory of renewable and new funding opportunities and respective deadlines to ensure timely delivery of grant proposals and reports.
- Identify new opportunities and conduct research and analysis on current and prospective funding; provide recommendations, including strategies for approaching new potential funders.
- Work collaboratively with Board Chair to effectively secure and report on funding.
- Maintain databases and uses online system to track funding sources and create monthly reports to deliver to the Board of Directors
- Ensure accurate and timely donor thank-you letters
- Participate in the organization’s strategic planning and visioning.
- Work with the Board Chair to create a comprehensive fundraising and donor communications plan.
- A minimum of two (2) or more years’ experience in grant writing and fundraising.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to link the organization’s mission and program objectives with funders’ interests and priorities.
- Professional, diplomatic, and mature manner with an ability to interact effectively with Board of Directors
- Assertive and energetic personality with strong interpersonal skills
- Sound business judgment; ability to work independently as needed to deal with rapidly changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Respect for and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Highly organized with a proven ability to manage multiple projects with high degree of efficiency while meeting deadlines and delivering on business agreements
- Strong writing skills, especially in crafting compelling sponsorship and funding presentations and proposals; excellent grammatical and proofreading skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Access to technology (this is an opportunity to work remotely)
- Passion for Latino arts, culture and heritage based on mission-driven work
- Must be flexible and able to work in a fast-paced and changing work environment and under pressure.
- Resource Development / Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- 10 hours a week