The primary responsibility of the sponsorship lead is to secure financial, in-kind, and mission
support from new and returning Relay For Life event sponsors and to ensure that all sponsors
are appropriately recognized and thanked for their support.
Individuals in this role are comfortable representing the American Cancer Society and the Relay
For Life program within the community and in the identification and recruitment of additional
fundraising and sponsorship for the event.
SPECIFIC TASKS CAN INCLUDE:
* Develop relationships with event-level cash sponsors, team-level cash sponsors, and in-kind sponsors.
* Develop and cultivate relationships with new event-level cash sponsors, team-level cash sponsors, and in-kind sponsors.
* Develop, cultivate, and maintain relationships with National Corporate Team Partner program members as appropriate.
* Ensure Event Leadership Team includes and considers sponsor involvement in their plans.
* Track contact information, contribution details, and recognition for donors.
* Partner with recognition lead to determine and plan appropriate recognition for event sponsors.
* Review sponsorship benchmarks on a monthly or bi-monthly basis with fund the cure lead and Relay for Life Staff Partner to ensure goals are being met.
Please submit a paragraph showing your level of commitment to the American Cancer Society and/or Relay For Life, as well as how you will bring more sponsors to our event.
- Donor Management
- Customer Acquisition
- Public Speaking
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Teens People 55+
Requirements & Commitment
- Orientation or Training
- up to 5 hrs/month (more during Relay peak season)
- Short paragraph detailing your commitment to the organization and how you will contribute.