14 people are interested
Volunteer Driver - Opportunity to Provide Quality of Life for Seniors 55+
ORGANIZATION: ITN Southern Delaware
Please visit the new page to apply.
14 people are interested
COVID SAFETY PROCEDURES ARE IN PLACE FOR DRIVERS AND RIDERS.
LIKE TO DRIVE? OUR SENIORS NEED YOU! MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE’S LIFE. DRIVERS NEEDED IN ALL ZONES - EASTERN & MID-SUSSEX COUNTY DELAWARE -
Select any hours/days and preferred radius of travel - minimum preferred - 3 hours/month
(Seasonal drivers accepted)
1) Provide arm-through-arm, door-through-door, personalized ride services to seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments. Improve older adults Quality of Life by helping them get back to enjoying the things they love and need to do!
2) Provide no contact, door-to-door errand services. Pick up pre-paid prescriptions, groceries or essential items, and carryout orders and deliver to ITN Members doorstep.
- Help older people who no longer drive remain independent and active by driving them to medical appointments, shopping, worship services, social activities, and more.
- Help adults with underlying health problems access their daily needs in a safe, convenient manner.
- Give caregivers and loved ones peace of mind.
- Help make the roads safer for everyone.
- Receive a free annual membership and accrue credits for your miles driven and save them for your own use or gift them to a loved one or to low income riders.
- Commit to one afternoon a week or a few hours a month around your schedule.
CALL NOW: 302-448-8486 or E-MAIL: email@example.com
Fill out an application on the website: www.itnsoutherndelaware.org
ITNSouthernDelaware is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
07:00 AM to 07:00 PM
7 days/wk: You can volunteer around your own schedule by signing up for rides that are sent out 48 hours or more in advance.
- NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About ITN Southern Delaware
26412 Broadkill Rd., Suite 1A, Milton, DE 19968, US
ITN Southern Delaware strives to provide sustainable, community-based and community supported transportation services for seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments throughout Sussex County by building a transportation cooperative network and promoting lifelong safety and mobility. ITN promises to provide safe, reliable, arm-through-arm, door-through-door transportation services with superior customer service so that members feel like they still have their own car and a close friend helping them maintain their independence and enjoy great Quality of Life.
Transitioning from driver to passenger isn’t easy, but it is less stressful when there is a transportation alternative that keeps the older adult in control. ITN Southern Delaware is a non-profit organization committed to providing safe, reliable transportation services. ITN members pay an annual membership fee and open a debit account to pay for rides. When they pick up the telephone to schedule a ride, they are not asking a favor, they are maintaining their mobility and independence. ITN can be the key that allows them to age in place.
ITN provides superior customer service with an arm-through-arm, door-through-door standard that sets them apart from DART, DAST, taxis and new online app services. Rides are available 24/7 with no restriction to purpose, and customers have an option to ride alone or with others.
- Membership based co-op for 55+ and visually impaired adults
- Service area - Southern Delaware
- No money exchanges hands with driver, no tipping allowed
- Fares are half the cost of a comparable taxi ride
- Monthly statements
- Ride share discounts
- Pet friendly
- Can accommodate canes, walkers, portable wheelchairs
- Volunteers drive around their own schedule
- Volunteers accrue credits for miles driven or hours worked. Credits used for rides, saved for future, transferred to a loved one, or donated back to ITN
26412 Broadkill RdSuite 1AMilton, DE 19968
June 29, 2022
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- Food Delivery / Distribution
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3 hours per month, but prefer weekly or bi-weekly. Seasonal drivers accepted. You can select a regular shift OR select assignments in advance from a master calendar.
- Friendly, Compassionate, Customer Service Oriented, Safety Conscious. Background check (w/i the last year or new: paid by ITN). No serious moving violations in the last 3 yrs.