Volunteer Driver - Opportunity to Provide Quality of Life for Seniors 55+
8 people are interested
LIKE TO DRIVE? OUR SENIORS NEED YOU! MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE IN SOMEONE’S LIFE. DRIVERS NEEDED IN ALL ZONES - EASTERN & MID-SUSSEX COUNTY DELAWARE -
Select any hours and preferred radius of travel - minimum preferred - 3 hours/month
(Seasonal drivers accepted)
Provide arm-through-arm, door-through-door, personalized services to seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments. Facilitate older adults' ability to access health care and participate in social, recreational, and consumer-related activities. Improve their Quality of Life by helping them get back to enjoying the things they love and need to do!
- Help older people who no longer drive remain independent and active by driving them to medical appointments, shopping, worship services, social activities, and more.
- Give caregivers and loved ones peace of mind.
- Help make the roads safer for everyone.
- Receive a free annual membership and accrue credits for your miles driven and save them for your own use or gift them to a loved one or to low income riders.
- Commit to one afternoon a week or a few hours a month around your schedule.
CALL NOW: 302-448-8486 or E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fill out an application on the website: www.itnsoutherndelaware.org
ITNSouthernDelaware is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
About ITN Southern Delaware
26412 Broadkill Rd., Suite 1A, Milton, DE 19968, US
ITN Southern Delaware strives to provide sustainable, community-based and community supported transportation services for seniors 55+ and adults with visual impairments throughout Sussex County by building a transportation cooperative network and promoting lifelong safety and mobility.
Transitioning from driver to passenger isn’t easy, but it is less stressful when there is a transportation alternative that keeps the older adult in control. ITN Southern Delaware is a non-profit organization committed to providing safe, reliable transportation services. ITN members pay an annual membership fee and open a debit account to pay for rides. When they pick up the telephone to schedule a ride, they are not asking a favor, they are maintaining their mobility and independence. ITN can be the key that allows them to age in place.
ITN provides superior customer service with an arm-through-arm, door-through-door standard that sets them apart from DART, DAST, taxis and new online app services. Rides are available 24/7 with no restriction to purpose, and customers have an option to ride alone or with others.
- Membership based co-op for 55+ and visually impaired adults
- Service area - Southern Delaware
- No money exchanges hands with driver, no tipping allowed
- Fares are half the cost of a comparable taxi ride
- Monthly statements
- Ride share discounts
- Can accommodate canes, walkers, portable wheelchairs
- Volunteers drive around their own schedule
- Volunteers accrue credits for miles driven or hours worked. Credits used for rides, saved for future, transferred to a loved one, or donated back to ITN
We'll work with your schedule.
26412 Broadkill RdSuite 1AMilton, DE 19968
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 50
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum 3 hours per month, but prefer weekly or bi-weekly. Seasonal drivers accepted. You can select a regular shift OR select assignments from a master calendar.
- Friendly, Compassionate, Customer Service Oriented, Safety Conscious. Background check (w/i the last year or new: paid by ITN). No serious moving violations in the last 3 yrs.