1 person is interested
Position Title: Pediatric Specialist
Location: CCF Community Medical Centre, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Salary/Stipend: This is a voluntary position with no salary.
Duration: 1 - 2 weeks
This role is for an experienced pediatric specialist to spend 1 - 2 weeks at CCF’s community medical clinic and Maternal Care clinic, providing lectures and structured practical training and guidance to doctors and nurses at the facility.
Activities can include:
- 1 - 2 afternoon lectures per week to medical staff.
- Attend appointments specific to providing health care to adolescents, children, and infants.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- CCF Medical Doctor (line manager)
- Community Medical Centre team
- Maternal Care program team
- All CCF staff
- Pre prepared training materials delivered to medical professionals at CCF community medical clinic.
- Promotion of best medical practice in all aspects of medical and maternal health care.
- CCF staff can evaluate patients through questions, examinations, symptom review, and medical testing and understand how to tailor these when dealing with child specific issues.
- CCF staff are able to successfully analyse patient test results, set patient goals and discuss treatment and management plans.
- CCF staff are able to document patient records and progress including symptoms, medications and treatments, and provide patient with the tools and methods for recovery and better quality of life.
- Doctor of Medicine (medicine degree)
- Successful completion of 2 year residency (or country equivalent).
- Required medical license to practice.
- Strong desire to help people, especially children, and improve their daily lives.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns.
- Able to multi task, prioritise, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits patience and understanding.
- Great interpersonal relations, communications, and demeanor.
- At least 2 years as a pediatric specialist in a public or private capacity.
Desirable additional skill:
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in teaching an asset.
- Experience of working with non-native English speakers desirable.
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviors.
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families- but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all volunteers to provide:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form on the CCF website. Please also send your CV and qualifications if relevant and mention the role you are applying for.
We'll work with your schedule.
No. 222, Street 6BTSangkat Boeng TumponKhan MeancheyPhnom Penh, Khan Meanchey Cambodia
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Children Medical Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 weeks