Position Title: Pediatric Specialist
Location: CCF Community Medical Centre, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Salary/Stipend: This is a voluntary position with no salary.
Duration: 1 - 2 weeks
This role is for an experienced pediatric specialist to spend 1 - 2 weeks at CCF’s community medical clinic and Maternal Care clinic, providing lectures and structured practical training and guidance to doctors and nurses at the facility.
Activities can include:
- 1 - 2 afternoon lectures per week to medical staff.
- Attend appointments specific to providing health care to adolescents, children, and infants.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- CCF Medical Doctor (line manager)
- Community Medical Centre team
- Maternal Care program team
- All CCF staff
- Pre prepared training materials delivered to medical professionals at CCF community medical clinic.
- Promotion of best medical practice in all aspects of medical and maternal health care.
- CCF staff can evaluate patients through questions, examinations, symptom review, and medical testing and understand how to tailor these when dealing with child specific issues.
- CCF staff are able to successfully analyse patient test results, set patient goals and discuss treatment and management plans.
- CCF staff are able to document patient records and progress including symptoms, medications and treatments, and provide patient with the tools and methods for recovery and better quality of life.
- Doctor of Medicine (medicine degree)
- Successful completion of 2 year residency (or country equivalent).
- Required medical license to practice.
- Strong desire to help people, especially children, and improve their daily lives.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns.
- Able to multi task, prioritise, and manage time efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibits patience and understanding.
- Great interpersonal relations, communications, and demeanor.
- At least 2 years as a pediatric specialist in a public or private capacity.
Desirable additional skill:
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience in teaching an asset.
- Experience of working with non-native English speakers desirable.
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviors.
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families- but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all volunteers to provide:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form on the CCF website. Please also send your CV and qualifications if relevant and mention the role you are applying for.
- Child Welfare
- Child Care
- Crisis Intervention
- Children Medical Services
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 1-2 weeks
- Diagnostic Imaging Specialist/...
- Pediatric Specialist
- Gastroenterology specialist
- General Medicine Doctor
- Communications Support Volunteer
- Kindergarten Teacher Training...
- Family Doctor
- Pediatric Specialist
- Team Training Coach for...
- Open Application ? Specialist...
- Junior Leaders Trainer
- Social Media Analytics Coordinator