Position Title: English Intensive Class Trainer
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Salary/Stipend:This is a voluntary position with no salary.
Duration: February 2018 - July 2018 (6 months)
THE ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Teach a class of about 15-20 students based on course curriculum
* Develop weekly lesson plans and share with Leadership Development Supervisor (LDS)
* Evaluate students' progresses and share with LDS
* Attend meeting with LDS once/month to discuss the students' progresses and challenges
* Work with and support the students on demonstrations.
Activities can include:
- Researching, evaluating, presenting skill
- informal discussion/sharing by all students on their activities
- Team building games/activities and Team debrief
- weekly Self-reflection
- Group or Pair-work on small project(s)
- Demonstration of skills learned
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- CCF Leadership Development Supervisor/Team
- CCF Education Officer
- CCF Program staff (as required)
The students will develop their English skills and confidence in communicating and interacting in a 2 nd language. They will be actively engaged in research, games and team projects to improve their critical thinking skills such as analysis, synthesizing, organizing and evaluating, and understanding broader perspective of global citizenry and human rights so that they are able to interact with other people from different background more positively and confidently, and to be well-prepared before they take on trip to the U.S. in July/August 2018.
The successful applicant will need to be a native English speaker and be confident working with others in a structured classroom environment. Experience or qualifications in education, teaching, childcare, ESL, ESOL, TESOL or equivalent experience preferred."
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviors.
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS& PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families- but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all volunteers it provide:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Travel Insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form on the CCF website ( www.cambodianchildrensfund.org/volunteer). Please also send your CV and qualifications if relevant and mention the role you are applying for.
- Teaching / Instruction
- Problem Solving
- Public Speaking
- Verbal / Written Communication
- Critical Thinking
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 4 months
- Diagnostic Imaging Specialist/...
- Pediatric Specialist
- Gastroenterology specialist
- General Medicine Doctor
- Kindergarten Teacher Training...
- Business / Systems Analyst
- Family Doctor
- Leadership Trainer ? English...
- Staff (& Student) yoga teacher
- Pediatric Specialist
- Open Application – Specialist...