Position Title: CCF Staff (& Student) yoga teacher
Location: Multiple facilities, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Salary: This is an unpaid voluntary position
Duration: 2-3 months minimum (part time)
The volunteer yoga teacher will be primarily responsible for offering yoga to CCF staff, but will also run sessions for CCF’s older students too should time allow. The activities can include teaching different postures (including strengthening and stretching), breathing, and meditation. For the students, it may incorporate creating yoga games (sometimes with limited space and resources). Basically anything around yoga, as long as it is fun, brings a sense of joy, stress relief and keeps the staff and students engaged. Flexibility is essential in this role.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
- All CCF Staff
- Some CCF Students
- To teach yoga concepts to staff who are interested in learning more about yoga during their lunchtimes and across all facilities.
- As a volunteer you would instruct your students (staff and some CCF students) in the art of yoga to help increase fitness and personal health, in body and mind.
- Create a fun, calm environment.
- Teach basic yoga positions and breathing techniques so that staffs, and students, are able to continue with yoga after the volunteer has moved on.
- Promote meditation at work and at home (for staff).
The successful applicant will need to be a native English speaker, with at minimum a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Certificate. They will need to be confident to teach yoga independently, in classes and spaces with limited resources. The volunteer may also be required to conduct multiple yoga sessions a day in a non-air-conditioned and at times very hot and humid environment.
- Actively promote openness, reflective thinking, teamwork and initiative.
- Have a strong sense of moral purpose to enrich teaching and learning at CCF.
- Be patient and flexible.
The recruiting panel will need to feel confident that the successful candidate understands the CCF values and demonstrates associated behaviours.
- Able to demonstrate CCF values in day-to-day work
- Work well in a team, particularly within different cultures
- Motivated self-starter
- Responsible and accountable
- Report on expected outcomes of placement activities and share any produced materials with CCF
OTHER BITS & PIECES
At CCF we care for a lot of children and their families- but we also care about you. To ensure that everyone is safe we require all volunteers to provide:
- A federal level police screening from your country of residence to ensure you are safe to work with children
- Two references we can contact for additional background checks
- Copy of your valid passport
- A passport photo
- Proof of your relevant qualifications
- Health insurance for the duration of your placement at CCF (medical evacuation coverage at a minimum)
Apply by filling out the Volunteer Application form on the CCF website. Please also send your CV and qualifications if relevant and mention the role you are applying for.
- Physical Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- People Skills
- Fitness Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- 2-3 months minimum (part time)
- Diagnostic Imaging Specialist/...
- Pediatric Specialist
- Gastroenterology specialist
- General Medicine Doctor
- Kindergarten Teacher Training...
- Business / Systems Analyst
- Family Doctor
- Leadership Trainer ? English...
- Staff (& Student) yoga teacher
- Pediatric Specialist
- Open Application – Specialist...