The Alliance for a Better Community (ABC) is a public policy and advocacy organization operating within an ever changing dynamic that promotes the economic prosperity of the Latino community and the Los Angeles region, inclusive of an improved quality of life for Latinos in education, health, and civic participation. ABC seeks to create a vibrant Los Angeles where Latinos fully participate in, contribute to, and benefit from a prosperous community where families enjoy full access to high-quality schools, quality healthcare, and meaningful civic participation.
ABC is currently seeking volunteers that would further support our education, health, and civic engagement campaigns.RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Input and maintain databases and files, including calendars, parent attendance, and other information
- Support staff with logistics with events, including assisting with creation of invitation list
- Assist with community outreach
- Conduct follow-up calls for Parent Action Network and Parent Advocate Training Program
- Assist in creating videos for web development
- Research and help identify new donors for programs and events
- Assist with volunteer coordination and assignments
- Perform general administrative tasks (answering phones, photocopying, faxing etc.)
If interested in volunteering with ABC, please contact Carla Lopez at email@example.com.
- Data Entry
- Public Advocacy
- Administrative Support
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Up to 10 hours a week.
- Basic computer skills. Spanish speaking-preferred.