We are looking for volunteer classroom assistants at our Columbia Heights/Fridley location to work with adult learners. Many of the students are beginning English Language Learners. Tutors are needed in the classroom, in small groups and to work one-on-one with the students. You will be helping in all subject areas.
Volunteers are needed on Friday mornings with shifts available between 9:00 am and 12:30 pm. This is a great way to meet new people and to truly make a difference in their lives.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
- Reading / Writing
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- 2 hours per week for at least 6 months
- Classroom Assistant for...
- Help adult learners practice...
- Friday Morning Classroom...
- Tutor small groups of ESL students
- Data Assistant
- English as a Second Language...
- Volunteer with ESL or ABE Classes
- Reading and Writing Tutor
- Work With Beginning Computer Users
- Tutor adult learners during...
- One to One ESL Tutor
- Daytime ESL Classroom Tutor
- Morning ESL Classroom Tutor in...