Aspire is looking for a local volunteer to run Aspire’s community engagement and volunteer events. If you’re a natural born people person, energized by leading groups of 5-50 people, quick to smile and keep clam while problem solving, than this is a great opportunity for you!
As the Volunteer Community Engagement Ambassador, you will:
- Lead community engagement and volunteer events from beginning to end
- Welcome guests with an overview of Aspire and tours of Aspire locations
- Provide top-notch customer service to visitors and volunteers
- Jump in to help with a variety of hands-on volunteer projects
- Draft and send event overviews to team members
By running Aspire’s Community Engagement events, you are helping children and adults with developmental disabilities, such as autism, Down syndrome and cerebral palsy.
Must be at least 21. Commitment: 8-hour-days approximately 2 times a month (weekdays or weekends) and a half-day once a month.
Does this sound like fun to you? Click the "I want to help!" button today!
At Aspire, volunteers are one of our most valuable assets. They make the difference between possibility and reality for so many of our services, programs and events. Each year, more than 500 volunteers assist with a variety of volunteer projects and events. With 4 enterprises and 22 physical locations, we have more than 20 volunteer opportunities that make a difference in the lives of more than 1,000 children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families.
We hope you will volunteer as our Community Engagement Ambassador. Because you will be a valued member of our team, we provide:
- A role that makes an exponential impact on the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities.
- Valuable experience at the intersection of event management, nonprofit administration and development.
- Reference letters for all committed and successful volunteers.
If you’re interested in the Volunteer Community Engagement Ambassador position, please click the "I want to help!" button today!
- People Skills
- Problem Solving
- Group Facilitation
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Customer Service
- Community Outreach
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 3 days per month