Do you like to work independently? Would you like to help our adult English as a Second Language students to become more comfortable with speaking and listening? This is a great way to increase their confidence and the skills they will use later as they go out and interact in the community in places like the grocery store or post office. All materials, including guided conversation, will be provided and there will be staff on site as you interact with the students.
Volunteers are needed on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 4:30 - 5:30 pm.
- Literacy / Reading
- Adult Education
- Teaching / Instruction
- English as a Secondary Language (ESL)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 19
- Orientation or Training
- At least 1 hour/week for 6 months
- Classroom Assistant for...
- Help adult learners practice...
- Friday Morning Classroom...
- Tutor small groups of ESL students
- Data Assistant
- English as a Second Language...
- Volunteer with ESL or ABE Classes
- Reading and Writing Tutor
- Work With Beginning Computer Users
- Tutor adult learners during...
- One to One ESL Tutor
- Daytime ESL Classroom Tutor
- Morning ESL Classroom Tutor in...