Indio Police Department (CHIPS)
WhenIt's flexible! We'll work with your schedule.
Where46-800 Jackson StIndio, CA 92201
Indio Police Department (CHIPS) Volunteers:
- Patrol- Must be able to drive a patrol vehicle and observe and report while driving (eyes and ears for the Police Department). Must be able to use all controls of patrol vehicle. (light bars, siren, spot lights, air horn) Also must be proficient with the use of the police radio including understanding and responding to police radio codes. Handle routine Constant (property checks). Must be able to respond to dispatch calls for assistance.
- Traffic Control- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and safely evaluate vehicle and officer placement. Must always wear reflective safety vest when handling traffic control assignments. Must be able to properly deploy traffic cone placement. Must understand how and when to deploy flares.
- Parking Citations- Must understand what violations you are permitted to cite and what defines those violations. Good penmanship is required. Understand the details required to complete a citation and which copies go where. Must be able to determine when a warning, versus a citation should be used and to know which warnings to use and how utilize the warning forms.
- Incident Verification- Good communications skills are required. Must be able to respond to dispatch requests and report back after completion. This task will required direct interaction with the victims of minor crimes (with no suspect leads or clues) and completing an incident report card, and obtaining the case number from dispatch to be included on the report card. i.e. (Annoying phone calls, vandalism, petty theft, lost property.)
- Mail Run- Must know what paperwork or packages must be delivered to which location. Learn where to drop packages and where to pick up return packages. (DA office, court house, probation offices, Riverside County Sheriffs Office, City Hall, DMV, Juvenile Hall).
- Vehicle Storage Forms
- Special Events
- P.R Team
- Code Enforcement
- Property/ Evidence
- CPR Certified
- Reporting & Dashboards
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Accounting Opportunity with the...
- Martha's Village & Kitchen
- Palm Desert Library (Public...
- Palm Desert Library
- Indio Middle School
- Riverside County Sheriff's...
- Reliance Hospice
- Coachella Valley Repertory
- Desert Hot Springs Senior Center...
- Coachella Valley History Museum
- Desert Best Friend's Closet
- Jewish Family Service of the...
- RSVP Advisory Council Member
- Soldiers Organized Services (SOS)
- Paws & Hearts
- Children Discovery Museum
- RSVP - Volunteer Program Office...
- Cathedral City Library
- Loving All Animals (Palm Desert)
- Coachella Valley Volunteers In...