Marketing and Event Management Volunteer
DONATE TO THIS
19 people are interested
Start Small Think Big (Start Small) is a not-for-profit organization located in Harlem. Our mission is to help low- to moderate-income individuals build and sustain thriving businesses in order to increase their personal financial security and stimulate economic activity in underserved communities in New York City and the Bay Area. We believe that entrepreneurship results in increased innovation and sustained economic growth for everyone, in particular, those most traditionally marginalized.
The Marketing and Event Coordination Internship will work with the Market Access Program Director in assisting small business entrepreneurs in identifying and exploring new and varied sales opportunities for their business. The position will play a key role in helping Start Small Think Big develop community partnerships and formalizing a marketing strategy for sales opportunities, this includes but is not limited to, learning more about the various local sales opportunities available in NYC and the Bay Area and managing the communication and marketing of these opportunities to our community of entrepreneurs.
Job Responsibilities shall include, but are not limited to:
- Manage weekly "Tasting Thursdays" at our office, which includes identifying new participants for sales opportunity, coordinating logistics with entrepreneurs prior to and during their scheduled tasting, and recording sales data after each opportunity.
- Write, produce, and help manage content to feature on SSTB Sales Alert emails, which feature key free, discounted, and paid opportunities available in their communities.
- Research and develop a database of all seasonal and year-round opportunities available in NYC and Bay Area.
- Develop resource guide on topics of interest for our entrepreneurs, as it relates to their marketing challenges, including but not limited to, web design resources, how to optimize sales, and strategies for successful social media use.
- Collaborate with Program Director to contact each retail opportunity to see whether a partnership is possible and if our entrepreneurs could tap into free and discounted vendor space.
- Coordinate all logistics related to featuring Start Small Businesses in retail opportunities with local street markets, fairs, and stores.
- Current undergraduate student with strong interest in writing, social media, and communications, nonprofit program management, or other related disciplines.
- High level of computer proficiency including familiarity with Google Applications, social media (Facebook and Instagram) and MS Office.
- Demonstrated commitment to inclusive community/economic development, social and economic justice work, and/or anti-poverty work;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, time management, and interpersonal skills;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, creative and self-motivated; a strong problem-solver and critical thinker; and
- Experience working in low-income and/or immigrant communities.
- Start Small Think Big is an equal opportunity employer with a standing policy of nondiscrimination. This means that all qualified persons are accorded an equal opportunity for employment or promotion without regard to actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, or political affiliation.
Submit resume or LinkedIn profile to: Mabell Fernandez, Market Access Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org (include subject line: "[your name] Marketing and Event Coordination Internship"
About START SMALL THINK BIG INC
8 West 126th Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10027, US
Our mission is to help low- to moderate-income individuals build and sustain thriving businesses in order to increase their personal financial security and stimulate economic activity in underserved communities in New York City. We believe that entrepreneurship results in increased innovation and sustained economic growth for everyone, in particular, those most traditionally marginalized. By investing in New York City’s most underserved entrepreneurs, we nurture their talent and develop the next wave of leaders and innovators who will not only create jobs and value for our society, but also empower others to create a better future.
Start Small Think Big is a non-profit organization that helps low-to moderate-income entrepreneurs build and sustain thriving businesses in order to increase their personal financial security and stimulate economic activity in underserved communities in New York City.
We'll work with your schedule.
8 West 126th Street3rd FloorNew York, NY 10027
- Program Management
- Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Business Development
- Retail / Sales
- Sales Marketing
- Market Research / Analysis
- Flexible - but ideally 20 hours a week.
- Please submit resume to email@example.com