Volunteers help immigrant and refugee children develop the skills they will need to enter kindergarten. The Skills for School Preschool helps children learn fundamentals, such as numbers, letters and colors, as well as improve their language and social skills. The Music Enrichment Teacher promotes self-expression by introducing young children ages 3-5 years old to the world of music through songs, musical games, and/or simple instruments.
- Plan and develop preschool music lessons which are fun and developmentally appropriate.
- Create a positive experience for children to engage with music concepts.
- Implement music lessons and activities.
- Work with preschool staff to coordinate music lessons with current classroom activities and concepts.
- Child Development
- Teaching / Instruction
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- 6 Month Commitment, two 20 minute lessons/month
- Experience teaching music to young children, patient, tolerant, and respectful of confidentiality