Senior Action is a not for profit senior service agency that serves the 55+ population of Greenville County. We are currently in need of senior volunteers to join our program in North Greenville, located at Slater Hall. Volunteers are a vital part of Senior Action! Our seniors have endless opportunities for engagement and growth by volunteering their time serving other seniors, volunteering with our community outreach team, and participating in group volunteer projects in the North Greenville Area. Some volunteer experiences you might be interested in:
- Helping out daily at our senior center at Slater Hall by helping serve lunch, leading exercise or craft projects, sharing your traveil experiences, or teaching a class.
- Helping with the organization and set up for special events like our yearly Luau, or concerts at Slater Hall with the Senior Concert Band.
- Becoming a Senior Action Ambassador for the North Greenville community, helping us visit our seniors who are struggling with illness or other temporary setbacks, and helping us inform the commnity of our services for seniors. These volunteer opportunities are the most flexible, allowing you to decide the times and places where you will volunteer.
- Lead a Bible Study group or a book discussion group.
- Participate in Intergenerational Outreach and Activity programs in the Marietta-Travelers Rest area. This includes our annual Easter Egg Hunt, intergenerational activities with Camp Slater (summer) and opportuntities to read to pre=school and kindergarten children.
Senior Action serves ACTIVE seniors! We are always ready to welcome new members who are ready to wake up every day and get out into the world! At Senior Action you will make new friends, get the satisfaction of giving back to your community and gain all the health benefits of remaining positive and active in your senior years!
- Animal Therapy
- Event Planning / Management
- Music Arts
Good Match For
People 55+ Group
Requirements & Commitment
- Background Check
- Must be at least 55
- Orientation or Training
- Flexible, 2-4 Hours per week or more.
- Drivers License needed for some volunteer opportuntities.