Volunteer Ushers Needed for Performances
8 people are interested
Our volunteer ushers are valued members of the Center for Performing Arts. They assist with Mainstage productions, Arts in Education and Rental events.
CPA Ushers Are Expected to:
- Arrive at least one hour prior to the performance. Some performances require an earlier arrival time.
- Dress in a professional manner. Black & White formal attire, ideally.
- Have a flashlight and a name badge.
- Stuff programs with inserts.
- Usher, take and scan tickets, greet and direct patrons.
- Watch for patrons entering the house with prohibited drink, food or electronics.
- Watch the house for disruptive behavior or emergencies and notify house management.
- Pick up programs, tickets, and inserts from floor after the performance.
- Check for lost items and give them to house management.
- Assist disabled patrons with accessible seating.
- Volunteer for a minimum of one Arts in Education show per season and one four-hour shift of a Dance Competition per season.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
Governors State University1 University ParkwayUniversity Park, IL 60484
- Customer Service
- Must be at least 18
- Four hour shift minimum
- Volunteer must be able to stand for a long period of time.