Our volunteer ushers are valued members of the Center for Performing Arts. They assist with Mainstage productions, Arts in Education and Rental events.
CPA Ushers Are Expected to:
- Arrive at least one hour prior to the performance. Some performances require an earlier arrival time.
- Dress in a professional manner. Black & White formal attire, ideally.
- Have a flashlight and a name badge.
- Stuff programs with inserts.
- Usher, take and scan tickets, greet and direct patrons.
- Watch for patrons entering the house with prohibited drink, food or electronics.
- Watch the house for disruptive behavior or emergencies and notify house management.
- Pick up programs, tickets, and inserts from floor after the performance.
- Check for lost items and give them to house management.
- Assist disabled patrons with accessible seating.
- Volunteer for a minimum of one Arts in Education show per season and one four-hour shift of a Dance Competition per season.
- Customer Service
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 18
- Four hour shift minimum
- Volunteer must be able to stand for a long period of time.