Help Impact the Lives of Children and Youth - Become a Mentor
32 people are interested
The Reach & Rise mentoring program trains adult volunteers to provide mentoring services to youth ages 8-15. We aim to help youth develop tools to improve self-esteem, decision-making skills, school performance, and interpersonal relationships.
- 15 hours of training
- 8 weeks in Summer or 16 weeks in Spring or Fall
- 2 hours each week
- Weekly in person or phone check-in with Program Director
- Must be at least 21 years old when mentoring group begins
- Desire to work with youth
- Must receive fingerprint screening/background clearance
- Commitment to co-facilitate a mentoring group with mentees one time a week for 2 hours for 8 or 16 weeks.
Training and Support:
Mentors attend 15+ hours of training over the course of approximately 4-5 weeks. The training prepares volunteers for the mentoring relationship, providing information about the program, expectations, basic therapeutic concepts, relationship building, understanding risk factors, mental health issues, how to handle safety issues, and group dynamics. If accepted into the program, mentors are then matched with a co-mentor and up to 6 mentees. Ongoing support will be provided by the Program Director.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
We'll work with your schedule.
200 S. Illinois StBelleville, IL 62220
- Child Development
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Youth Services
- Background Check
- Must be at least 21
- Orientation or Training
- 15 hours of training, 2 hours/week for 15 weeks