Holiday Shop Internship
7 people are interested
Holiday Shop Intern
Application Deadline: 10/28/2019
Position: Part Time, Paid
Timeframe: 11/11/2019 - 12/19/19 flexible hours (increased hours to be expected beginning December)
- Warren Village is looking for a Holiday Shop Intern who is comfortable working events with large groups of volunteers and constituents. Warren Village’s 32nd annual Holiday Shop is a signature event serving our resident community, comprised of low-income, single parents and their children.
Each year, we take in donations of new gifts for both adults and children which are made available to our families at Holiday Shop. Our families are able to celebrate the holiday season and select gifts for their loved ones, free of charge. In order for Holiday Shop to be a success, the event requires the coordination and management of approximately 350 volunteers.
Warren Village is a mission driven "learning organization" that is founded on six core values
(Collaboration, integrity, inclusion, accountability empowerment, and excellence) that drive our culture and our work. We believe in empowerment and that any person, given the right opportunities, can achieve true self-sufficiency. We want to attract candidates for this job who believe in the transformative power of individual agency coupled with collective supports.
- Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the Volunteer Services Coordinator to schedule and manage volunteers.
- Ability to learn our CRM system (Abila) to ensure accuracy of gift entry and reporting.
- Supervise the delivery and organization of gift donations.
- Transport the donations from Warren Village to the venue (miles will be reimbursed).
- Assist with sign ups and running background checks on volunteers.
- General event preparation and organization.
- Assist with acknowledgements for the help of donors and volunteers following the event.
- Other related duties as assigned by Volunteer Services Coordinator
- Has obtained or is currently pursuing a degree/s in a related subject, and/or has demonstrable and proven skills in relevant areas, or equivalent work experience.
- An interest in working with volunteers and community members, as well as an aptitude for event planning and project management.
- Well organized with demonstrated abilities to manage multiple priorities and programs simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Computer skills and/or quick learning in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Abila.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Responds to external and internal communication in a timely and professional manner.
- Ability to maintain confidence and work well with a variety of constituencies with diplomacy and tact, including colleagues, clients, trustees, donors, students, volunteers and community groups.
- Commitment to Warren Village’s mission and culture.
- Local travel will be required.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Unassisted lifting of objects in excess of 30 pounds.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Use of office equipment.
- The Holiday Shop Intern will work in an office environment and for the purpose of various functions will regularly work in non-standard workplaces as well.
- Gain experience with volunteer coordination and in-kind donations.
- Develop your event planning skills.
- Work on a nonprofit development team.
Hourly rate is $16/hr. for no more than 118 hours. This is a seasonal position and is not benefit eligible.
Questions or concerns please contact Molly Barfuss at 303.320.5032 or email@example.com
About Warren Village
1300 Gilpin St, Denver, CO 80218, US
Warren Village exists so that low-income single-parents achieve sustainable personal and economic self-sufficiency. Warren Village provides three integrated services: affordable housing, family support services and quality childcare
Warren Village helps single parents write their own success stories. Warren Village is a two-year, transformational housing program for low-income, single-parent families. Our residential community and programs provide parents the tools they need to move from government assistance to personal and financial independence. As the the first program of its kind in the country, Warren Village provides an innovative mix of affordable housing, case management, on-site childcare, education and job training.
1323 Gilpin StDenver, CO 80218
- Donor Management
- Project Management
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- Community Outreach
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- approx 118 hours