Alzheimer's Greater Los Angeles is looking for a Japanese bilingual volunteer to conduct outreach and provide educational presentations for community members and family caregivers in the Japanese community.
Learn how to conduct outreach and provide educational presentations for community members and family caregivers in the Japanese community.
There are many opportunities to volunteer. Some of the activities are listed below. As a volunteer, you may participate in the activities that fit your desires and schedule.
Outreach & Events
- Learn how to provide presentations about Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, brain health, and caregiving in Japanese
- Provide presentations in Japanese or provide interpretation for English presentations
- Conduct outreach in the Japanese community to raise awareness of services available
Communications & Marketing
- Develop methods to reach community members through a variety of Japanese media such as television, radio, print and social media
- Help write and/or translate articles, press releases and social media content
Volunteers should be able to travel to presentation sites across the greater Los Angeles area (mileage will be reimbursed); be available to attend events at a variety of times (week days, nights and weekends).
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Must be at least 22
- Orientation or Training