24/7 Learning Academy is the school of the future, designed to prepare students to be thriving entrepreneurs, college graduates, and global leaders of innovation and social justice. We are dedicated to ensuring that all students, regardless of race, location, and income, have access to a quality education. With the combination of project-based and personalized learning, real-world experiences, leadership development, and extensive use of technology, we are working tirelessly to be a transformative experience for Future Leaders (students), families, and our communities.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
In this exciting and supporting role, you will be acting as an Instructional and Personal Coach who provides guidance and focus remotely to our Future Leaders (students) in order to advance their personal and professional growth and development.
- Support students through project or experiential based learning.
- Support in determining high school students’ academic and social emotional learning goals and ensure that they’re met.
This position can be done virtually/remotely, or onsite at our Orlando location. Volunteers do not need to be located in Orlando to perform the duties of the position.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION:
- A minimum of 5 years experience working in high school classrooms or equivalent experience in inspiring students or young adults to reach their potential.
- Have an Education certificate, experience, and or the equivalent.
- A passion for project based learning and connecting curriculum with life experience.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Retired or former Educators are encouraged to apply.
- A self-starter, innovator, and someone who is not afraid to take risks.
- A successful role model for young adults who is striving to engage deeply with life’s challenges and be a force for change in the world.
- A collaborator who is excited to work in a small education startup with a big vision.
- An advocate for educational technology.
If you are a retired educator who enjoys teaching, but doesn’t want all the responsibilities that come along with managing a classroom, then this is a great opportunity. If you share our passion for education, technology and equality, see yourself as a global educator, and are excited about the use of technology to connect the world, then apply with us and help tackle educational inequality!
As a 24/7 Learning Academy Volunteer, you will be challenged to add value to projects and encouraged to take risks, and think outside of the box. We invest in our volunteers by providing them with clear direction and leadership for a robust and rewarding experience. Our volunteers do not serve as assistants, work on projects that directly generate revenue for the organization, and do not displace regular employees.
This is a tremendous opportunity to gain start-up and general business experience, improve specific skill sets, and help build something that will have a great social impact.
Additional perks of being a volunteer with 24/7 Learning Academy:
- Create your own schedule and adjust your availability anytime.
- Work with students from every corner of the world.
- Work from home or any other convenient location of your choice.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please go to https://247learn.org/general-volunteer-form to complete an application. When your application is received someone from our team will contact you with next steps. We look forward to working with you!
- Literacy / Reading
- Math / Science Instruction
- Teaching / Instruction
- General Education
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Driver's License Needed
- Background Check
- Orientation or Training
- Apply at https://247learn.org/general-volunteer-form