A position on the ARC Board of Directors offers opportunities for deepening spiritual engagement, supporting a mission vital to healing the world, and continuing the nurturance of a multi-decade program of action, reflection and celebration.
VISION: ARC envisions a transformed world in which all people embrace and cultivate the spiritual nature of life...living in healthy, loving relationships with themselves, each other, and the earth.
MISSION: An intentional community holding sacred space, inviting people to experience the spiritual nature of life through action, reflection, and celebration.
- Intentional Community
- Contemplative Spirituality
- Authentic Presence
Board Member responsibilities include:
- A lightness of spirit and willingness to have fun, connect and be joyful together in the leadership of life changing organization
- 18 to 20 hour per month time commitment, including committee participation for strategic plan implementation, 40th anniversary events, and other projects (five hours a week)
- Give/Get donation: $500 first full calendar year on board, $1,000 each for second and third years.
- 3-year terms, renewable once before a mandatory hiatus of one year. Re-appointment after the hiatus would be for a new 3-year term.
- Volunteer at ARC at least one weekend annually, 2 or more volunteer visits would be gratefully received.
- Attend bi-monthly meetings
- Assist in recruiting new board members as positions become open and as you prepare to cycle off.
BOARD MEMBER SKILLS WISH LIST
- Finance/Accounting/CPA background or experience to serve as Treasurer to assist the board and ARC leadership and contracted bookkeeper with financial oversight and planning.
- Fundraising experience or interest, including an Individuals with corporate or foundation connections who are willing to help ARC build its network are especially desired.
- Marketing skills including planning, development and/or advising on outbound marketing materials including print, digital and social media.
- Event Planning: Experience planning and executing events large and small to assist with our 40th anniversary festivities in 2018.
To apply for board membership, please complete our online application at: www.arcretreat.org/board
- Event Planning / Management
- Marketing & Communications (Mar/Com)
Good Match For
Requirements & Commitment
- Must be at least 21
- 18 to 20 hours per month